Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hamilton

Date Number:


The girl: G.
The connection: Family friend of a theater friend of mine.
The setting: P-town.
The plot
: This was kind of adventurous, but more on that later.
We went to the CES fireside at the Marriott Center with all those crazy Mormons down there. It was a pretty good fireside. Elder Anderson spoke on spiritual upkeep. I mostly just watched all the crazy people around us. I tend to do things like that when speakers aren't absurdly engaging. Anyway, after the fireside we went to my friend K's for brownies. K doubled with us with a girl from his ward.
G is a native of Indiana, and is here debating studying musical education, or musical therapy. I think that's pretty cool. She's a youngin' so she's just getting going on that whole college experience. Good times. She's also not used to Utah winters, and is in for quite a surprise when the snow lasts until May.
Anyway, the adventure came as I called G to get her address just before the fireside and she didn't answer. For a minute I thought I might be going solo with K and his date.
Now that I read through that it was a lot more adventurous in the moment than it is in writing.
Gross: The view of the Salt Lake Valley shrouded in, as a good friend of mine refers to it, the "hellacious soul-sucking inversion" as I rounded point-of-the-mountain.
Fun: Looking at the fun snowflakes that K's absurdly talented artist roommate made. He might be putting out a book someday, so look for that.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I hate that moment when you realize your story isn't cool or, in your case, adventurous. Takes a bit of the fun out things, no?

At least the inversion is clearing up! (for now...)