Saturday, March 19, 2011

Type-casting

So here's the thing about acting in LA. It's different from acting...well anywhere else really. Back home in the SLC I feel like I could be a little more broad in what I was cast in, but out here you kind of have to be fairly specific about how you market yourself - at least in the beginning. So, I'm attempting to really hone in on what I have to bring to the table. To that end, for the four of you who will read this, please post in the comments, or send me an email an tell me about me. What kind of energy do you think I have? What kinds of roles do you think I'd be good for? Which celebrities/movie characters do I remind you of? How would you describe me?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Well, from the few plays and things that I've seen you in, I think you have a real knack for comedy. In fact, when I started watching The Big Bang Theory, I told Steve that I could see you playing Sheldon (which I mean as a compliment because I think that actor is AMAZING and he has won several emmys for his role). He has the same dry kind of humor and huge stage presence that you have. Like my grandparents said after seeing you in The Drowsy Chaperone; you made the whole show. Also, you clearly have a talent for music too. I have never seen you in a really dramatic and serious role, so I can't say how you do with those. Honestly I think you would probably be great in most roles, but from what I've seen, I think your strength is in comedy. Hope that helps. :)

Leah said...

I think you're great as an awkward, quirky, "slightly off" kind of character. Like someone who says things bluntly or that other people wouldn't say because a lack of general self awareness or social skillz. Spike in "Notting Hill", for example. I also think you should do a lot more creepy. You + mullet + mustache = fright night!

Lola + Ryan said...

I say comedy as well...but that's because I haven't ever seen you in a serious role. Hmm. I'd like to. But you for sure are great at comedy and timing - dry comedy and silly ridiculous comedy - all comedy.