Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Humidity makes me giddy

Dear Diary, I think Taylor might be gay.

I LOVE being back at work. It's good to have vacation and time off etc. but there's something to be said for good hard word - not that what I do is necessarily good, or hard, but it is work. It's just good to get back into it. I wish I could go back in time and tell my 16-year-old self that...

Mullet sighting. Right off the bat, no waiting. Ducktale mullet. This is quality, Anakin, right off the nascar circuit, stuff.

Sometimes I am such a child, like when I ask for cookies and milk during the beverage service on the airplane, or the fact that the most exciting part about going to the beach is building a sandcastle, or when I buy 10 episodes of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from the $5.50 bin at Wal-mart.

I gave myself a haircut - it's different than the haircut I usually give myself and I'm trying to decide whether I like it.

There was a couple tonight who looked like a cruise ship. The man had on white trousers and a captain's hat and the woman was wearing a red and white horizontally striped shirt. I was waiting for some shuffle board and a midnight buffet.

I don't know why I even brought my suit coat this week. It's hot and I won't be wearing it. For an unexplained reason when I first had this thought it came out, in my head, as 'I don't know why I even brought pants.' Though that would also relieve some of the discomfort...

3 comments:

Tara said...

The Cruise ship couple?! I knew you'd have great senior citizen stories!! YAY!

Leah said...

By the power of Greyskull...I have the POWER! Do you remember in high school when I asked everyone what the tiger's name was and nobody knew? Cringer! Love it, love it, love it.

Anonymous said...

I love that you're still a child in so many ways. I still buy cereal for the prizes and Mac and Cheese for the fun shapes. :-)