Thursday, February 4, 2010

Or a moment like this...

Int. Classroom. Mr. B sharpens pencils whilst Mrs. L prepares small group math materials at the back table.

Enter Mrs. D with child (J) in-tow. J was cleaning scuff marks off the floor in the hallway for some minor indiscretion and was caught by his mother - Mrs. D.

"Mr. B, I am sorry for what J has done."

"Oh, I didn't tell him to clean..."

"It's okay. J, come here. Sit on my lap."

Mr. B continues to sharpen pencils.

Mrs. D proceeds to spank J.

Mr. B continues to sharpen pencils, at a loss for what to do as he is taken completely by surprise.

And.....scene!

Possibly the most awkward moment of my short educational career. I don't presume to know much about parenting, but I'm fairly certain that's not the best disciplinary strategy...

6 comments:

The Hatch Family said...

Totally made me LOL!!!

Naomi said...

I'm at a loss for words. All I can say is how glad I am that it wasn't me! (Watching or spanking.)

Kasi French said...

Wouldn't it have been an even more awkward moment if scary lady {you know who I'm referring to} saw it and began to be scary? It makes sense in my head ... scary sense.

Tammy said...

okay, I can't even imagine doing that in front of a teacher. Scary!
P.s. I love your new page!

j. said...

be amused? be appalled? i don't know what to be! i do know that the thought of you continuing to sharpen pencils amidst the awkwardness is hilarious.
hill.larry.ass.

p.s. i thoroughly enjoy your layout.

Molly Hickcox said...

disturbing. very.