Friday, March 21, 2008

Elementary wisdom

Every once in a great while I come across a nugget of truth in my humorous encounters with the educational world.  Here's my most recent one:

I was walking down the hallway and caught up with my boss and a co-worker who were in the middle of a conversation.  What I caught was my boss saying, "I said to him, 'you don't poop on your friends.  I'm your friend and you pooped on me.  You don't poop on your friends.'  That's a fundamental truth."

I'm fairly certain she was speaking of a kindergartener who had literally pooped on her, but as my co-worker nodded her agreement it got me thinking about that concept in a figurative sense.  I think it is a fundamental truth - you don't poop on your friends...if you want to keep them.

I suppose, at the same time, that can be a true measure of friendship - those moments when your brain shuts off and you inadvertently poop on your friends.  If they're still you're friend in the end, I think you can be sure you've got something there.

I'd just like to end by saying that I'm sorry if I've ever pooped on you - literally or figuratively.  And thanks for stickin' with me.

No comments: