Friday, March 14, 2008

The triumphant return...

3rd grader - What are we doing for our St. Patrick's Day Party?
Ms. J - Well, we're not gonna have one. We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day that much.
3rd grader - Yes we do, we're Mexican!
Other 3rd grader - Yeah, we celebrate everything.

I've seen enough little kid crack in the past two days to last me a lifetime. It was quite the welcome home surprise. Unfortunately the weather's getting warmer, which means less clothing, which means the possibility of more crack. And thus is the life of a west-side educator.

My principal asked me what my plans were for next year. So, we talked about it a bit, and she said she'd keep me in mind for a job. Not that I'm really worried about getting a job anywhere as a teacher, but I'd love to stay at this school. So, it's looking up.

And apparently they do speak German in Switzerland...who knew?

2 comments:

alea said...

presumably, the Swiss.

Evan and Amanda Tolman said...

YAY my class! We definitely had a celebration today.