Friday, August 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

As many of you know my roommate/cousin recently got married (Congrats Annie and the Steve!) and moved - thus leaving me alone in my condo.  Because it's summer and I am basically jobless until the end of August, I did some redecorating.  Take a gander.

Before (now these pictures are from when we first moved in last September, so there have been several decorative phases since these were taken, but you get the idea.) And after. :)




I'd just like to pause and point out a couple of things here.  First - the light fixture.  I installed that all by myself.  This may be shocking for some of you to read, but it's true.  In fact in all of the redecoration I received help in only two things: 1 - My friend Toffer painted the second coat on the giant yellow wall.  2 - My dad installed the microwave.  Everything else was done by yours truly.  Now if that's not something to be proud of, I don't know what is.  Secondly, the drawers are decopaged.  I think they look really cool.  And now for more pictures :)  These don't have any before versions.  The loft was used mostly as storage til Annie left, so there was no reason to take a picture of it.  This one doesn't really do justice to it's current awesomeness, but it's the best I could do.  The bedroom used to be Annie's, so no before picture there either.  Just imagine that the walls were all that same beige color and there was a bed and dresser.  These pictures also don't quite capture the breathtaking nature of the room, but there's limited space there.  You'll all just have to come over and experience it live.





Pretty cool no?  I sure love owning a house. 

7 comments:

Topher and Carma said...

Nice work on the paint and other home improvements. I would definitely say, that's living up to the barnett name.

Erin Brady said...

Wow! Good job, Greg! I know how much work that can be, especially when you're doing it by yourself. That's pretty awesome, and I must say I like the splashes of color everywhere.

Leah said...

I love the drawer fronts! It's amazing what a bit-o-paint will do. I told Dylan we have to be very rich because I'm going to redecorate every 2 years. There are too many beautiful colors out there! Why not!?! So you should also include a "Mr. Fixit" type costume. It may require a more gristly beard.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your condo looks great! No surprises with the bold paint colors. I think that it looks awesome and you seem to be doing so well. I miss you man!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Truly amazing! :-D

Lindsey said...

A whole blog about the new and improved look and not one mention of me...uh huh...I see how it is! jk, the place looks great!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!