Thursday, August 28, 2008

I need your attention in 3...2...good...

Being that it's the first week of school we're mostly just getting kids into the routine.  Teaching rules, procedures, habits etc.  Pretty much everything is new to these kids - even the ones that have been to the school before.  Partly because they're in new classrooms with new friends, new teachers, and new ways of doing things.  And partly because as soon as summer starts their brains fall out their ears and they forget everything they learned the year before.

To help them along in their remembrance of school rules - or to help them learn the rules for the first time, we enlisted the help of that world-famous super-hero:


Captain KYHFOOTY (pronounced ky-foo'-tee) (kyhfooty is a school rule that stands for "keep your hands feet and other objects to yourself).  

The kids loved it.  We'll see if they remember the rules...

Student 1 - Mr. B, what are we going to do today?
Me - The same thing we do every day - try to take over the world!
Student 2 - You can't take over the world, you're just a third grade teacher who's evil.

This is my plan book.  It looks so official doesn't it?  It's really just a comic strip I'm working on.

7 comments:

Launi said...

oh gregerton... :) i love the pinky and the brain thing. it's too bad you're evil, i've sworn off that stuff. :)

Angie said...

Go Greg! You're an inspiration to us all. :) (and launi hasn't entirely sworn off the stuff... ;)

Nichole said...

Teaching looks good on you. ;) I got your text while I was on vacation with my fam. You should post a picture of my mini-me on your blog so I can see what she looks like.

Lindsey said...

They're on to you...evil...like the fruits of the devil...

Charisse Baxter said...

Ooh, I wonder what P&tB could have done if they'd had a third-grade teacher who was evil...

*head explodes*

Leah said...

You can be the evil ruler of my world any time.

PS Gage is having a Super Hero birfday party this afternoon and I'm totally stoked to dress up again (I mean in front of other people and not just alone... at night... in the dark).

Erin Brady said...

Interesting that the kids know you're evil. It took me a long time to figure that out. How are you planning on taking over the world? You are molding dozens of young minds...