Friday, November 7, 2008

Books

From "The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig" by Eugene Trivzas and Helen Oxenbury:

"We shall build an even stronger house," they said, because they were determined. Just then they saw a truck coming along the road carrying barbed wire, iron bars, armor plates, and heavy metal padlocks.
"Please, will you give us some of your barbed wire, a few iron bars and armor plates, and some heavy metal padlocks?" they said to the rhinoceros who was driving the truck.
"Sure," said the rhinoceros, and he gave them plenty of barbed wire, iron bars, armor plates, and heavy metal padlocks. He also gave them some Plexiglas and some reinforced steel chains, because he was a generous and kindhearted rhinoceros."
I love when kid's books can make me laugh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this version of this story... for more 3 little pig variations you should talk to my mom. She collects them.

Andi Pants said...

WTF? Little kids shouldn't be taught how to build prisons....

I'm Batman said...

I haven't read the book, but I think they're trying to build as gas station.