Thursday, January 8, 2009

2X8=4X4

16 things you didn't know you didn't know...about me...

1 - I love learning about new research.  I think it's fascinating to read about what other people are finding out - the best methods for teaching reading comprehension, how many people get divorced every year, what sorts of nasty bacteria are living in my ridiculously delicious triple-fudge-brownie-sundae-extraordinaire.  Love it.  But I hate doing the research myself.  I'd rather be eaten alive by the bacteria that inhabit my dessert.

2 - In matters of importance, I would rather go through the extra work of completing an entire project by myself, than trust someone else to do it.  I want it done my way, and the only way I know that's going to get done is if I do it myself.

3 - In 7th grade I stubbed my toe on a vacuum cleaner and broke it.  I had to wear one of those neat blue boot things to gym class.

4 - I like to use dashes while writing - they're a highly effective - and underused - mode of setting apart text - obviously.

5 - I don't know what this says about me, or if it's abnormal, but I've always had the feeling that I was meant for greatness in one form or another.  I just don't feel like I'm here to be another Joe Schmoe (no offense to all you Joe Schmoes out there, you do important work and I respect you greatly for it.)

6 - My brain is really good at latching on to, and manipulating patterns.  Consequently History is my worst subject.

7 - When decorating my living space I sometimes get too wrapped up in unconventional decorative media i.e. using old doors as a visual barrier (as opposed to say, a curtain or japanese screen), using legos as a CD wrack, making a fish tank out of an old TV etc.  I just think things like that can really spice up a room.  Am I wrong here?

8 - I like to push boundaries.  Just ask my parents...or certain friends...

9 - I have problems with authority of any kind, to the point of not even wanting to be forceful in any way with call center reps.  I need to grow a pair.

10 - I've recently discovered (surprise surprise) that enjoying what I do is more important than making a lot of money doing it.  Though it would be nice if I could combine the two.  Maybe someday (I am meant for greatness after all.)

11 - I am exceptionally good at bargain shopping.  I'm serious.  It's like some sick twisted talent.

12 - When speaking about attractive features of your desired sex, I'm a hands/feet kind of person.  Hands are one of the first things I notice.  If you have nice hands it's a borderline turn-on.  If they're not-so-hot, it's a borderline deal breaker.  No kidding.

13 - I think hell will consist of never-ending bumper-to-bumper traffic and the only thing on the radio - that you won't be able to turn off - is the Neil Diamond Christmas album.

14 - I like having and finishing projects.  They keep life interesting and make me feel like I've accomplished something.

15 - I inherited a messy sort of pack-rat gene from my father's side of the family, and though I try to keep it in check, sometimes it just pops up.  My desk and closet are usually indications of that fact.

16 - I keep a safety pin in the outside seam of the right leg of my pants for no real reason.  One day I just put one there, and it became a thing.

5 comments:

Miss B said...

I love you
and this list
lets be blog friends

Tara said...

Bwa ha ha! That would indeed be hell. I was actually trying to come up with my own definition of hell for my tag. I couldn't have created a better description than yours.

Leah said...

I like seeing how many of these things are descriptive of me as well - and it's quite a lot! Also, I have a proposition for you to make money and do what you love. Also, my hell would play that Mexican music with the oompa tuba - Banda is what Dylan's telling me.

Andi Pants said...

I love that I already knew most of those things about you. And I'm sorry for missing our lunch with Joe. I have no excuses really so I won't try and give you one. But I love you and miss you dearly. That is all.

Unknown said...

One of my goals in life is to make a fish tank out of an old tv. You are normal... I think.