Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spiders etc.

Meet Duncan:


He's a Mexican Redknee tarantula, and my new class pet.  Right now he's just a baby, but someday he'll be huge.  I'm pretty excited about that.  He's not super exciting.  He spends most of his time buried, but he's still pretty cool.  And, in reality, I'm not even sure it's a he.  What can ya do?

In other news, for the second time this year, I've made the stall door of the girl's bathroom.  This time it said:  "Mr. B sucks c***".  I have some delightful third graders.  This time it was written on the outside of the stall door, so everyone that walked into the girl's bathroom could see it.  Good, good times.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I read a book about tarantulas with my kids and wanted to see one in action. I called PetsMart and they confirmed the presence of a tarantula. When we got there, NO TARANTULA! They said one was coming on Thursday. I call Thursday, and again, they said they had a tarantula. Again we go down, and again NO TARANTULA! Finally I call Petco and they say they have like 3 or 4 of them, but when we get there, NO TARANTULAS! I think 3rd graders run those pet stores. In short, I am bringing my kids to your classroom.

Samantha said...

Wow. Duncan is very cool. I want to see him when he's full grown.

And if you're making it into the girl's bathroom, you must be doing something right--like actually enforcing a discipline plan. Congratulations!

Camille said...

Ew. That's gross.