Thursday, May 14, 2009

And the answer is...

T or F

1 - Chocolate Malt-o-meal is pretty much the best breakfast ever.

This is definitely true. Especially when combined with the object of question number 7.

2 - The swine flu scare is a little bit ridiculous.

I was going to say true here, but I like Joe's answer. False - it's absurdly ridiculous.

3 - There are only 5 weeks of school left.

False. At the time of posting there were only 4 weeks. Currently there are only 3. WOOT!

4 - Bread pudding is best served with some sort of buttery sugary glaze.

Absolutely and undeniably true.

5 - A compound subject has 2 verbs.

False. A compound subject has 2 or more nouns. A compound predicate has two or more verbs.

6 - Leatherby's hot fudge makes me gag.

Completely false. I have yet to drink it through a straw, but I have eaten it plain.

7 - Hugh Jackman died.

False. A falsehood that was, in fact, propagated by one of my own students.

8 - In two weeks we have 4 days of school, and I will teach for only 1 of them.

This is true. Monday we have a wrap-up activity, Tuesday a field trip, Wednesday I'm gone, and Thursday is early day.

9 - Children's literature ROCKS!

Definitely true.

10 - Dr. Nancy Livingston, my current professor, is wearing a BRIGHT red Asian vest and not doing a very good job of it.

False. She was rockin' the vest.

Multiple Choice:

11 - One of my new favorite children's authors is:

A - Mo Willems (Look him up, his books are awesome, especially for younger kids.)
B - Katie Curick
C - William Steig
D - Barak Obama

12 - How do I feel about next school year?

A - excited
B - nervous
C - willing to wait
D - all of the above

13 - Who looks best with a mustache?

A - Tom Selleck
B - Burt Reynolds
C - Me
D - Queen Victoria

Just depends on your taste, really. I'm partial to her majesty myself.

14 - How many of the principal men in Hale's upcoming production of Hello Dolly have receding hairlines?

A - 8/8
B - 1/8
C - 4/8 (That I can think of...there may be more...)
D - 12/6

15 - A book I would recommend to anyone would be:

A - The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
B - Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm by Jerdine Nolen
C - Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
D - Big Plans by Bob Shea

Trick question. I really would recommend any of these books. A, however, is the one I've been most active about recommending.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wait a second...how do you combine malt-o-meal with Hugh Jackman?