Saturday, January 15, 2011

Addendum

I have since discovered that the paperwork I signed was for a manager. Therefore, meeting with the Big-time agent man - henceforth knows as Vinnie - is not a big deal, and in fact is encouraged by my manager (HKA Dotty). So, I have a meeting with Vinnie on Tuesday. Prayers are welcome. :)

In other news, I have now watched 4 movies on my "to-watch" list.

Mr. Smith Goes To Washington - great movie. I really liked it, and that old Jimmy Stewart was quite a guy.

The Royal Tennenbaums - Hi-larious. Some questionable material in parts, so don't go out and rent it if you're...ya know...pretty much anyone I know that hasn't already seen it, but still - funny stuff. After this and The Fantastic Mr. Fox, I am officially a huge fan of Wes Andersen.

The Graduate. I love Dustin Hoffman. Seriously. That aside, I really didn't understand why this movie was such a classic. It reminded me of Catcher in the Rye.

Out of Africa. Meryl Streep is unbelievable. Just, in general, really.

Next on my list - Dances with Wolves, and who knows what after that? I'm at the library copying movies onto my computer. Shady, I know, but I only have a temporary library card until I can give them some sort of official proof of address, therefore I can only check out one item at a time. Being that I live with an old lady, and really have no friends to hang out with, I'm spending my Saturday tackling my movie list - which is hard to do when one is poor and allowed only one movie from the library. So, I'm copying them to my computer, and when I'm done watching them, I'll delete them. :)

I have also decided that, though it is good to have a backup plan and certainly good to have work-type things to fall back on, I didn't move to LA to be a substitute teacher, private tutor, babysitter, waiter, or extra. I came here to be an actor because that's what I am. So that's what I'm going to do. Again - prayers are welcome. And thanks for any you may have already sent my way.

Mucho love to one and all.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I adore "Dances With Wolves," but I get that it might not be everybody's favorite. So good luck with that!

As always--good vibes headed your way :)

richbarn said...

Greg
Your post has given me a GREAT idea for my next church talk. Too many people prepare and then fall back on their backup plan. THe whole point, as you have so eloquently stated, of having prepared a backup plan is to have it in case your first option fails. Not to use it as an excuse not to pursue your original plan. Thanks for the inspiration. And in the words of some famous historical naval commander or other. "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead."