Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The end is just another beginning

So, it's the end of the year.  That means a lot of things, I suppose.  In the current context it means a change in my blog.  But only a small one.  I am no longer traveling the world - at least not on a consistent basis, so I've changed the name of my blog to reflect my current occupational status (but no worries, the URL/web address/website...whatever...will remain the same).  I think I like it.  If anyone has any suggestions for a better title/subtitle I'm open.  If not I'll keep it like it is.  And from here on out, I'll be Mr. B.

As of next Friday that may be more than a figurative statement.  My principal approached me last week and asked how soon I wanted to do the ARL program (alternate route to licensure).  She explained that they might have a need for a teacher at the beginning of the year - as in Jan. 4 - so I might end up with my own classroom at the end of next week.  I don't know what grade...or any details really...other than that I might be a full-fledged teacher.  So, we'll watch and wait.

Now, for the rest of this week I'm going to post several items of a reflective nature:  some of my favorite moments of the year, a review of my favorite ballroom lighting, a list of things that have made me happy etc.  I hope you enjoy my walks down memory lane.

Keep coming back for more adventures next year.  Also, I'm starting a new blog for the new year.  It can be found at dailyholdiayfun.blogspot.com starting New Year's Eve.  Check it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for ARL! My mom says that the teachers are super-stoked to have you at the school. I'm sure they'll be elated if they get you permanently.

Nichole said...

I think you might consider calling it "Mr. B's Neighborhood" or "That's Mr. B to you" or "Mr. B is for Bootylicious" or whatever. But then again, I like the title as is. I hope you get your own classroom too! I want to come visit your class! Do you think they would allow that? Do you think it would screw the kids up too bad? Well, I hope you are feeling well and your vacation is going well.