Saturday, December 8, 2007

Magically exhausted


I have been remiss - I took a trip to Disneyland and didn't mention a thing. Perhaps that's because nothing note-worthily humorous happened...at least that I can remember, but I'll share some highlights from the trip nonetheless.

We flew down Thursday, were Disnified Fri/Sat, and came home Sunday.

Friday was cold and rainy - I was torn about this. On one had we were wet and cold for a good portion of the day. Plus the "parade" on rain days consists of a car containing Santa and Mrs. clause, and a double decker bus with a random assortment of characters. On the other hand there was no one at the parks so we walked on to everything. We hit up most of our favorite rides, some of them twice. In fact, we were the first people on Splash Mountain. We stayed in our log and were also the second people on Splash Mountain. Also the moisture did not detract from the full enjoyment of a churro...or two.

Saturday was dry, but cold. The coldest day that week in fact, or for a number of weeks following - sadly. But we still had a good time. More churros, more rides, more magic. Also, due to the lack of rain we got to see the full parade, the fireworks show - complete with Disney 'snow', and Fantasmic! Saturday happened to be Dec. 1 and the first day of the Disneyland candlelight processional. Basically they turn off the lights on Main Street USA while myriad choirs march along holding candles and caroling with all their might. It was a pretty cool sight. While waiting for the processional we became acquainted with a delightful crowd control expert named Kyle who happens to be from Price. We ended up seeing him about 4 more times during the night in random locations.

Overall it was a vacation. It's been a while since I've had any Disney park magic. Oddly enough I sometimes miss the overpriced mediocre food and blatant sales tactics of those marketing masters.

One interesting facet of this trip was the company. As many of you know I did an internship at Disneyworld a few years ago (and I almost wrote that I served an internship) and made some amazing friends while there. There were four of us that seemed to bond especially well, and to look at the four of us you might not think us the most likely of friends - although judging from this photo, you might...nevertheless. (These are the same friends which were involved in the England adventure) At this point in our lives we're kind of like family. We get along, we have our moments of utter joy, and our moments of not-so-happy-ness, but when all is said and done we still love each other. This is the first time the four of us have been together at Disney since we did the internship, and let me tell you it was magical. We got pictures with princesses, cried during the fireworks (don't judge me!), and sang in harmony to the holiday music in "It's a Small World," it was wonderful.

And as exhausted as I was at the end of two day's worth of running, screaming, eating unhealthily, and wearing myself completely out, I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all the people I know, I'm sure that you will be one who will most definitely live happily ever after....especially if there's a churro or two involved. :-)