Friday, May 16, 2008

Just a day

Yesterday in 3rd grade I was working with my students - my roughest group actually.  It's composed of 5 of the most *cough* energetic students in the 3rd grade.  And one quiet little girl.  Due to vacations, testing, and perhaps a bout of the black plague (don't judge me for hoping) I only had three energetic students.  While working in their books they began to compete with each other, and for one reason or another I found this to be absolutely hilarious and erupted into what can only be described as a fit of giggles.  This made my students laugh and for a couple of minutes we just sat there giggling.  It was awesome.

Today during Kindergarten recess I let the kids chase me.  For some reason they love it.  I collapsed after quite a sprint and was subsequently buried in kindergarteners.  They poked, pushed, prodded, and pressed (Though only in appropriate areas.  I'm very careful about that.)  I just lay there laughing.  That was kind of a mistake because I soon ended up with a mouthful of grass as they began picking and throwing grass all over my head.  This just made me laugh harder...though now with a closed mouth.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Fits of giggles! Oh man. That's the best. I once prayed in thanks that a good 25% of my students got chicken pox.