Sunday, May 25, 2008

The music and the lights

Hale Centre Theatre held auditions for "Big the Musical" and "Into The Woods" last Saturday.  I auditioned and was called back for both shows.  

Into the Woods callbacks were short...for me.  I was called back for Jack, as in Jack and the Beanstalk.  He's about the only character in the show I'd be considered for.  I did a little dance, sang a little song, and they told me I wasn't what they wanted.  The producer lady later told me I looked too old.  Though they did call back another young man who looks about as old as I do.  Go figure.

Big callbacks were about the same.  I did a little dance, sang a couple of songs, and read through something once.  I got a call yesterday and was cast as Paul.  This is funny to me because I never read for Paul.  I never sang anything as Paul.  I barely know who Paul is.  His character description says "self-absorbed toy exec."  He's the one in the movie that Tom Hanks plays racquetball with.  I think it'll be a challenge for me since I'm nothing like that.  He's one of those really arrogant, businessy, mean people.  But he does get into a fight with Josh (the Tom Hanks character).  That could be fun, so I hope they keep that part in.  

So, another show.  That means that I've been involved with rehearsals or performances consistently, while trying - rather successfully if I do say so myself - to maintain a decent social life, since November.  But it keeps me busy and I'm doing what I love.  This show opens July 29 and runs through Sept. 20.  Feel free to stop on in and enjoy it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the role, even though it really isn't anything like you. But, after all, you are an actor, so I'm sure you'll be wonderful!

Arianne said...

Have I told you that you're cool? Cause...you. are.