Thursday, June 19, 2008

WHAT?!?!?

I had a parent call me Mr. B.  That was sort of a surreal experience.

I also signed my contract for next year. I'll be making more than I thought.  Woohoo!  But I had to pay more money in the process.  Boohoo.  But I get benefits - woot!

My level of love for children is sometimes equal to my level of annoyance, shock, and frustration with their parents.  One of my 2nd graders today asked us (us being me, and the 2 aides I have in my classroom) if we'd seen Freddy vs. Jason.  I was surprised (somewhat) to know that she even knew what that was, and utterly appalled to find out that she'd seen it.  SHE'S 8 YEARS OLD!!!!  Oh well, ya can't save 'em all.

3 comments:

Tara said...

My kids are always asking me about rated R films. I would really like to berate them, and their parents, for their poor movie choices with great flair and fist-waving...but instead I just give a mild "No" and change the subject.
*sigh* One day I'll get to act erratic without fearing for my job. One day...

Charisse Baxter said...

Yay for contracts and real jobs! Guess what - the school where I was teaching Theatre History part-time INSISTED on meeting with me since they had a "proposal" for me... which turned out to be a suggestion that I come back to work for them next year as a part-time secretary. After accusing me of behaving "unprofessionally" by not smiling enthusiastically when greeted by a member of the administration back in SECOND TERM. I do think your administrators sound more intelligent than mine (ex)...

When can we play? And remind me which cast you're in...

Anonymous said...

Get this-- a while back my ten year old nephew and I were at the video store renting a movie, so I headed over to the kid's section.

He wanted to go to the new releases to pick up a copy of The Departed (pretty rough even by MY desensitized standards!) because he liked it in the end when everyone gets shot in the head.

His mom had let him watch it when he was visiting her in Indiana. There's a reason why my brother divorced her.

*shakes head in dismay*