Friday, June 6, 2008

Last the best of all the game

Alright, recap of the last week of school.  Try not to be too jealous of my amazing life.

Monday:
Field Day.  I manned the inflatable water slide which made me even more popular than before - if that's even possible.  I'm still waiting on pictures...

Tuesday:
Talent show.  It started off with the 4th grade faculty playing rock band (this is a talent?).  They failed miserably, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.  There was some horrible lip-syncing, and then there were actually some pretty cool talents.  One 1st grader did some karate, another jumped around stage on a pogo stick, a couple students played instruments, and one completely adorable 2nd grader did a traditional Venezuelan folk dance.  I was coerced into a surprise musical number to tie everything together.  The gym went crazy when they heard I was up.  That's a good feeling.

Wednesday:
6th grade breakfast.  I got free breakfast.  
6th grade vs. Faculty Softball (which turned into indoor volleyball because of rain.).  The faculty wasted the 6th graders.  It was our last opportunity to exercise our authority over them.

Thursday:
I did absolutely nothing productive.  I mostly signed kid's books, ate random snacks, and got SUPER excited about next year.  Then they fed us lunch.  It was a day filled with levity and mirth.

Just so you don't think I coasted the last week of school, I did have to take kids to the computer lab and supervise them for several hours each day.  One day my boss even assigned me to work with Mary.  She did give me a break though because in her words, she didn't want me to go to prison.  But still, I think this week pretty much rocked!

4 comments:

Leah said...

What do you mean "waiting on pictures"? Are you still using that kind of camera where you pull the black cloth over your head and hold up the plate-size flash and push the tethered button and a puff of smoke comes out and then you have to wait several months while it's sent to "the big city" to get turned into a picture? Is that what you mean?

Greg D said...

No, I mean that the pictures are on a friend's camera and I'm waiting for her to send them my way.

Tara said...

The last week of school--completely useless, but usually fun :)

Anonymous said...

Why don't they have field day in college? I would very much utilize an inflatable slide....

And I was reading your celebration blog about today, and I actually (back in the summer of 1994) performed in the King Kamehameha Day Parade! My high school marching band (I played clarinet) was invited to walk in the TEN MILE LONG PARADE ROUTE, but then we got to chill in Hawaii for a week, so it was worth it! Yay! :-D