Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I got big plans.

I've been sitting at my computer for the last few days trying to come up with something to write about.  Here are a few starters I've had:

"I'm a Mormon, ya know?"

"I started a tradition of posting a list of 100 things that make me happy..."

"My life seems to have lost some of its mystique."

"I like pie." (This was inspired by one of my kids.  I looked at his white board where he was supposed to be breaking the word "eventually" into syllables, and saw "I like pie!" instead.)

I also mentioned rhubarb, faulty Christmas tree lighting, a friend who - unbeknownst to me - cleaned my kitchen whilst I was away, my job, and Jane Austen. 

I will now mention that one of my favorite sweaters shrunk in the wash because I failed to realize that it was wool, and this is apparently the first time I've washed it.  But now it's the perfect size for my nephew, so he gets an unexpected bonus Christmas gift. :)

I will mention further that I enjoy all kinds of sweaters, nearly all kinds of brownies, musical performances by people who know what they're doing, and most people named Steve.

After rereading this post I think the preceding could somehow come together in a rather intriguing and entertaining story.  I'll put it on my list of books to write.  After I'm a famous author it'll be my contribution to holiday literature - a story about the life of a pudgy Mormon who works at Utah Woolen Mills, feels stagnant in life, and reads too much, but discovers the true meaning of Christmas and somehow ends up dancing in the snow while wearing a red-plaid scarf and a tan trenchcoat.  It'll be the next big Christmas movie to be made by Haelstorm entertainment, and I'll be in the days of '47 parade.  Isn't it nice to have dreams?

P to the S,
I just ignored a call from my EQP.  Does that make me a bad person?

2 comments:

Tara said...

I read the first line and pictured you sitting at the computer non-stop for the past few days--missing work, rehearsal, etc. Good times :)

Can I be on your Day of '47 float?

Tammy said...

You continue to amaze me with the way you write, and your creative imagination. But then, you have been that way since you were about 2!!
Love you!