Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I survived recess

In a rather pleasant turn of events I ended up with a subbing job today.

At recess I decided it might be fun to frolic with the little cherubs, so I did - and it was.

We started playing duck duck goose, which some how turned into climb on Mr. B, which then turned into dog-pile on Mr. B, which consequently turned into catch Mr. B and then dog-pile on him. So I ended up at the bottom of a pile of close to 100 2nd graders and all I could do was lie there and laugh.

I also ate school lunch for the first time in nearly 10 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this count as going through your second childhood stage in life? Or.. did you ever end the first childhood stage?
Congrats on the acting job. You and all your friends always were good at acting up.
Glad you are enjoying life. Granny G

Anonymous said...

School lunch is so underrated. Everytime I go home to visit my bff Julie at her elementary school she always makes sure to order me a teacher plate. :-)

richbarn said...

As we all know School lunch is in fact the most important meal of the day. No offense to breakfast

Launi said...

i was going to comment on the more recent post, but there were already three comments and i didn't want to break the magic! but congrats on the role! that's awesome! you'll have to let us know when the play will be and maybe we can come see you.

Leah said...

In Farmington, Missouri a student could pay for 2 lunches and "double tray", which my sig. other tells me he did regularly. How do humans even finish one school lunch, let alone willingly pay for another? Boggling.