Friday, November 9, 2007

Updates, downdates, and fresh dates.

So, I didn't get the job. I called a couple of times this week to follow up and see what was going on. I finally got a hold of the girl in charge (I met her during the interview with the HR guy. She reminded me of someone from "The Devil Wears Prada"...and she was showing too much cleavage), she was a bit curt and said they'd have a decision made by today (I'm wondering what happened to Monday) and that if I didn't hear from them they'd "gone another way." So, that's that. If they knew how perfect I was for that job they wouldn't have waited...or said no, but alas a 10-minute interview isn't the best indication of eligibility - especially for me because I'm rather quite in situations like that. It's a curse. Oddly enough I'm really not that disappointed. I tend to think everything happens for a reason.

I'm still thinking of using them as an agency and trying my hand at professional acting (with the encouragement of various friends and family members). I know if I did that It'd be one thing I'd never regret, however I might regret never trying.

Now, as I've mentioned before I like to check every once in a while to see what keywords people are using to find my blog. Here are my most recent favorites:

"disheveled women"
"old woman boobs and make me laugh"
"mockingbird making change collection plate"

Apparently my blog is a bit more scandalous than I've planned it to be.

And seriously - who lives in Bozeman Montana?

I had to replace my tires this week. Wow, that was a hit to the old pocketbook. I mean, ouch. At least I'll be prepared for winter weather. I also changed the oil, dressed up the steering wheel, washed, vacuumed, armor-alled, and vanilla-roma'd. My car is happy.

Replacing the tires made me think, though, of how much money I'm going to be spending in December. I have a mortgage payment, HOA fees, utilities, health insurance, car insurance (which I like to pay in a lump sum rather than monthly payments), and Christmas. Sometimes being a grown-up is rather poopy. It's a good thing I've got some money saved up.

The man on the treadmill next to me at the gym today kept staring at me. He was rather large and unkempt...and dressed kind of like a woman. I was a bit frightened...and grossed out.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I keep getting little reminders that I'm getting older and I don't like it. Down with growin up! And maybe that was a woman...