Monday, October 13, 2008

Artisans and the like

I had my very first art project with my kids this week (sad that we've been in school 7 weeks and this is my first art project, I know, but there's a reason for that. I just don't want to go into it right now.) Here's what we did. Try it for yourself!

The one my third-grade team member gave me was a magic marker drawing from 197who knows when, so I used some good old modern technology to spice it up a bit. If you don't like the skull I've picked, you can find a whole slew of other options all over the internet. Your going to cut out the skeleton as follows:

And end up with something like this:


Then you glue the ribs to the back of the 'spine' thusly:



Then you're going to get four strips of paper for each limb for a total of 16 strips about like this:

Make a chain of four on both of the top ribs and bottom ribs:

And you'll end up with something along these lines:

In my class I decided to keep them around for a while as halloween decorations for the room. My kids all colored theirs and we got some interesting final projects. Here's where they currently reside:



And this is what mine ended up looking like. The kids asked if they could do eye patches too. I told them no. Only because I wanted mine is like the captain skeleton. Not that I would have done anything if they made an eye patch, but sometimes it's fun to exercise my supreme power over them. (insert evil laugh)...

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh, we are totally doing this later this week. I love your skeleton head and mine will be sporting fake lashes and a feather boa. And I shall call her "May West in Peace". How do you make a skeleton have an ample bosom?