Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Afternoon Delight. Uh...yeah...about that...

12:10 - Lunch, and the world goes crazy.

Someone decided it would be a good idea to install windows in my classroom around 12:35, so post-lunch activities are a no-go and the search for a suitable alternate location is fruitless.  I end up taking my kids outside for a half a chapter of Matilda and some good old fashioned running.  During the running two of my boys decide it would be a good idea to pee...on the fence.

1:45 - Afternoon recess.

A small group of girls wants to a grow up a little faster and enlists the help of the bathroom paper products.

One of my girls tells some of the other kids that I have a big wiener.  I don't know how she would know, and I'm not really sure if it was meant as an insult or not.

3:20 - The end of the day

I empty my mailbox to deliver notes.  I check some and find that one girl wants to know if another girl just dresses pretty for one of the boys.  

I also get a note addressed to me, with no sender information containing the following - and I quote - "OK?"

3 comments:

Angie said...

So Greg, I have joined the public school world! I tutor 4th graders after school. I have already experienced some similar things to you. One boy said to me, "Hey Teach', I'm sexy." I haven't made them do any writing yet. But reading is interesting. These kids are all hispanic so they're learning English at the same time. We had to spend a significant amount of time on the word iron. Go figure.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, I'm totally living your life...except for the small children saying wild & hilariously innapropriate things, peeing in public, and sending you love notes...but besides that, it's totally identical!

JJ said...

Ha, if only my job were half as interesting as yours.

...and I love that you don't even attempt to deny the girl's accusation... *cough*