Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random facts

1.3 million Earths could fit inside the Sun.

Since the 21st of December, the days have been getting longer.  A sunrise/sunset chart in my room graphically displays this most pleasing phenomenon.

3 third graders decided this week to spray on a bunch of cologne to knock out their asthmatic teacher.  They are now suspended.

Ms. Larson is SO GOOD at making kids cry.  She saved my day today.

Rounding is hard for 8-yr-olds.  As is distinguishing among lines, rays, and line segments, and remembering how to behave in the library.

Punxetawny Phil did, in fact, see his shadow. *sigh*

A short conversation:
1: Hey, let's go over by Carlos.
2: I'm not going by that hideous beast!

Careful what you ask:
Me: Have any of you visited your grandparents and seen old toys they used to play with?
Student: Yeah!  My grandma had this really old toy.  It was kind of a worm and when you squeeze it, it lights up!

If you traveled to the Sun at 60 mph, it would take 177 years to get there.

3 comments:

Camille said...

That's awesome, I had a glo-worm! And note to self: don't take a trip to the sun. Thanks for the tip.

Nichole said...

I had a glo-worm too and his name was Globe (pronounced "glow-bee"). I loved him so much. When he got lost I cried. Then my mom found me a new one at a garage sale. Problem solved.

Leah said...

I guess if you were 15 when you had a baby, and that baby had a baby when she was 15, your Grandma probably would've been all about Glo Worms. And that's probably a probably scenario in your neck of the woods.