Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spreadin' the love

I'm so super busy that lately I've been starting to feel it.  I'm kinda lonely, never have free time, bogged down with brain-melting homework, frustrated with friends, professors, kids, church etc. etc. etc.

Then today happened.  My kids were relatively well-behaved, I had the big-wigs, including my coach, the reading first guru for the district and the state, and my principal, as well as the 3rd grade faculty from my school come and watch me give a lesson for 20 minutes or so.  The main big-wig described the experience as "a breath of fresh air."  My principal had nothing but good to say, and my reading coach (who happens to also be my most beloved of aunts) is even going to buy me a loaf of bread!  Math time was productive, some of my kids are improving, the gym was awesome and I got half-way through a book.  PLUS I got free cookies at the show!

Then I ran into my friend's blog and here's where I get to share my joy.  She did a pay-it-forward post - A hand-made gift to the first three commenters - IF - they did something similar.  So I said, "Shoot!  Done!"  and left the 3rd comment.  So, here's the deal, the first three people to leave a comment on my blog - doesn't matter which post, just the next three comments I receive, get a little something special from me at some random point between now and Dec. 31st.  I can't guarantee anything hand-made, because though I aspire to be crafty and cool, it rarely turns out as well as I plan, but don't be surprised if I hit a patch of genius this year, and you're the recipient. :)  But I digress.  The catch is, you have to pay it forward.  Let the games begin!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am first and I'm in! And, for the record, that guy was right--you are a breath of fresh air. I miss you. :)

Leah said...

PICK ME! PICK ME! I'm so excited! I'll take anything from you I can get. The scrap of fabric I cut from one of your shirts as an adolescent is getting worn through with all of my creepy caressing. ...my precious... I'll give someone a loaf a bread! You name it just PICK ME!

Tara said...

Oooh! I'll pay it forward. How fun!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous. Mainly I just wanted you to know that reading your blog is a higlight of my day or week! You are brilliant!!

Lindsey said...

5th?! How lame and I...love ya anyways!