Monday, January 8, 2007

Every journey begins with a single step

As I continue my journey through life I have come to a crossroads. I am no longer a student. I have a full-time job, a degree, and a benefits package. My job requires me to travel a lot, so I'm starting this travelblog to record my adventures, misadventures, discoveries and observations of the wide world and its people.

This, my first entry, will be short but poignant.

My first escapade is to Little Rock Arkansas. Convenient that this Monday falls on national Man Watcher's Day. Therefore my travels had meaning and purpose today.

Being that this was my first trip with the company I flew out on a separate flight from the rest of my sales team, so I had time to really observe the men of the airport. Everyone from the invalid black man, to the young man wearing a small, but very don-worthy retro shirt. The friendly flight attendant and the maybe Mormon,
maybe gay man at the smoke filled restaurant where I had dinner.

There was also the rather fidgety man I sat next to on my flight from Salt Lake to St. Louis. I think he may have been a little nervous about flying.

Other than the fruitful man-watching of the day, it was uneventful. I got plenty of free peanuts, hot chocolate, cranberry juice, and pages read. I read the last 60 pages of "I'm Ok-You're Ok" - a good, albeit verbose book that encourages introspection to determine the cause of human action. And I read just over half of C.S. Lewis's "Screwtape Letters" - a book of letters from an experienced demon to his inexperienced nephew. I'll have lots of time for reading so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open.

Well, that's all for today. My team is full of nice guys who are all about having a good time and working hard, so it should be a good week.

More adventures from Arkansas will most likely be forthcoming.

Greg

3 comments:

Dan said...

I am so glad you had fun participating in my favorite sport of manwatching Greg!
The book you should pick up next is The House of the Spirits written by Chilean author Isabel Allende. A beautiful book written in a very haunting, liquid fashion. You will love it. Happy watching!

Ashley said...

what is your new job????

Janell R. Cropper said...

Grego!
You're favorite Rowley here! Sounds like you're having fun! Anyway, pretty much any C.S. Lewis book I would tell you to read. They're all way good!