Friday, March 2, 2007

The 80's never left

I've seen several fashion feauxpas this week including, but not limited to, a leather coat with poofy sleeves, a banana clip used by a woman wearing a denim vest complete with lace sleeves, and blue velvet stretch pants. Exciting times.

Today I got the opportunity to be a manager for one event. The manager I was working with is going to Australia next week, so they shipped him home to prepare and our backup manager doesn't get here until tomorrow, so for dinner I got to be the manager. It was pretty easy. Being a manager for the whole week might be a little more difficult, but for one session it was ok.

For lunch today we had a deaf couple come in and we were sans interpreter. I know enough sign that I was able to communicate that fact with them, and let them know that they should be ok because most of the information is presented in the power point slides. This whole situation is rather odd because on Sunday of this week I made a new friend at church who is deaf and I interpreted, or tried, for him in priesthood.

I had a strawberry banana waffle for breakfast and a ma and pa waffle house just down the street - delightful.

No comments: