Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's raining...women.

So, these women’s conferences are fantastic – especially when we get a few stray men. They feel slightly awkward and out of place – it’s rather entertaining.

Now I don’t know what it is about plastic surgery, but sometimes – most of the time in fact – I’m of the opinion that people should just age gracefully. There was a woman in her mid-sixties that came to our conference with a pair of breasts that couldn’t have been more than a couple of years old. And believe me, she displayed them proudly.

Today we had an upset costumer. She let us know by waiting until 10 minutes into the presentation and then standing and yelling out for all to hear that we should have paid for parking, served her meal when she wanted, and not advertised falsely. The fact that she accepted an invitation to attend a free conference where a meal and free gift would be provided at no cost makes her, at that point, quite an ingrate. We were a bit nervous about the rest of the crowd feeling similar sentiments until she yelled out “I’m hungry!” with a southern lilt in her voice. At that point everyone laughed and the presentation continued.

I’m really having a lot of fun out here. The female sales rep – Danielle – and I, get along quite well. Today when people asked where the bathroom was, we kept telling them they could just use the planter in the hallway. It was most entertaining.

I’m watching a show called dangerous drivers and the phrase “shifty chauffeur” was just used – amusing.

I think our speaker doesn’t like me much. Our first night in town we were sitting down to a charming meal at the waffle house, and I informed her that I don’t much like sales. Being that my current career is in sales, I think I left a bad taste in her mouth. It could also be that she’s a gorgeous, driven, successful woman and I’m a goofy 23-year-old recent college graduate and the hierarchy of high school has simply prevailed in the business world.

I’m still being entertained by the male/female dynamics of my team. Especially since the women are rather attractive. And because of the age difference involved, and other extenuating factors, I can be a mere observer of the events as they unfold. Delightful.

Current book recommendation – Out of Darkness by Keith Terry.

Also, I experienced allergies for the first time this week. There is a thin layer of pollen covering the city of Atlanta and giving a sickly green tinge to everything in sight. This pollen took my sinuses on a rollercoaster ride yesterday afternoon. Not such a pleasant thing – I don’t recommend it to anyone. Avoid Atlanta during the spring.

I didn’t know it was possible, but I found something better than a brownie – sort of. It’s actually a cheesecake that uses a thick chewy brownie as the crust. I don’t think it can get any better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give to be one of those awkward men. Oh, wait a minute.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this entire post. Crazy hungry women, peeing in hallway planters, "shifty chauffeurs," layers of green pollen, and brownie cheesecake. I think your life is officially my favotie thing to read about. :-)

I'm Batman said...

"hot merging action!"