Monday, March 26, 2007

Pollen count

Another week has finally arrived. Two weeks off was rather refreshing, but I’m ready to be back at work. A little precursor to my adventures this week – I talked to my boss on the phone last week and he informed me that this week we’ll be doing women’s conferences. Now for a normal week we have, at most, 1500 people register for our seminars. On the way to the airport my manager informed me that we currently have 3700 people registered for the week. Also, they will all be women – no men. I think I’m going to be in my element this week.

I happen to be the youngest person on my team, and I’m almost convinced that I’m the youngest person currently working for the company. I’m in a team of 5 this week, as opposed to 3. My speaker is a woman as is one of the other sales reps. I think we’re going to have some fun. I feel like everyone’s cute younger brother. It’s an odd feeling, but not bad.

On my flight to Atlanta the stewardess who got my drink for me had really big lips – not everything contributing to the size of her lips was put there by nature.

I sat in between a rather large man and a tiny woman on my flight. This was awkward because the space on either side was unbalanced. The miniscule figure to my right actually got smaller as she curled up into a ball in her seat and took a nap. Interesting.

The other young man who is a sales rep with us this week is an intriguing study for me. He’s a typical testosterone-filled ego-driven male. He’s competitive, over-confident – especially when it comes to women – and a bit arrogant. I like watching him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the macho young sales rep guy survives the impending estrogen-fest.... :-D