Saturday, March 31, 2007

Georgia on my Mind


The pink tie was a huge hit. Probably because it has polka dots on it. And my hair was totally working today.

I’ve decided to go with the lighter version of the ‘dots’ background - I think it more accurately reflects the tone of my blog. Also, I've done some tweaking and I think I now like the look and feel of my blog in general. The color scheme has been slightly adjusted and I think my new font style has a 'world traveler' style to it. It's all very themed, you see. Enjoy.

Last night my roommates decided it would be prudent to watch Dawn of the Dead. Very graphic, definitely won’t ever be watching it again. This morning I turned on Rugrats as background noise. Tee hee.

Danielle and I have been termed “bosom buddies” by our manager. Key word – bosom.

Today I have to miss General Conference. This makes me sad. It’s been many many moons since I’ve been to a Saturday session, and several years since I’ve been to Priesthood. Maybe next time.

I got to use my ASL interpreting skills yet again today. This time it was to explain that we only had 15 minutes to refresh the ballroom, and later to ask for lunch a diet coke. People are always so happy when you speak their same language. Instant friendships are most easily formed on such grounds.

A resume of the day – the recommended number of adequate sleep hours was not attained, large, friendly black women approached, hilarity ensued. This has actually been one of the most fun weeks I’ve experienced in quite a while. We got pictures with the women of the conference today. One of them looked like the black version of Cher. We hand out personal organizers as free gifts to all who attend our conferences. This afternoon a woman came up to get hers and I said “You can either have the organizer, or me.” She said, “Can I have both?” – Funny. Even the croissant sandwiches were bearable.

So, after a week I’ve come to the conclusion that my speaker didn’t really hate me. She’s just hard to read. She really appreciated our work and recognized the boisterous and infectious nature of Danielle’s and my personalities.

As I was traversing the maze of airport security one of the guards at a checkpoint – a young man – checked our ID’s and boarding passes I was preceded by Joanna – our speaker – and Danielle, both of whom are tall, blonde, and gorgeous. When I got to the young man he said “Are you flying with them?” I said “Yes.” He said “Man, you lucky!” I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pink polka dot tie (and subsequent blog layout), I love how "Super" is spelled "Soopa" in that box at the top of your page, I love that even I haven't seen "Dawn of the Dead" and now you've seen it, I love that you have a "bosom" buddy, I love that you used your ASL and made a new friend, I love that working class folk joke with you (a la "Can I have both?" and "Man, you lucky!"), and I love that you write it all down so I can smile along, too. :-D

Janell R. Cropper said...

I love the pink tie. 10 points.