Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birthday Fun!

So, last Saturday was my birthday. I'm now a whopping 25 years old. One quarter of a century. A menace to society, and just one short year away from turning gay. It was a super fun birthday. Here was my schedule:

9 AM-5 PM: Hale Centre Theatre for final dress rehearsal. (Come see my show!) We ate cake, and I got the birthday song it at least 6 part harmony. An experience I think everyone should get at least once.

5:13-7:14: Driving home to Richfield. Those who've made the journey know it takes about 2 and a half hours to get from Salt Lake to Richfield, but I was cruisin'. I left the gas station on 33rd and Redwood at 5:13 and walked into the door of the SVC at 7:14. Record time.

7:14-9ish: One Voice Ten Year Anniversary Concert. Good times were had by all. The alumni sang 4 songs. They rehearsed for about 6 hours earlier in the day, but I got up on stage with them all and faked my way through. I did alright all things considered.

9ish to 10:30ish: Birthday dinner with the fam, Joe, and Lindsey at Pepperbelly's. Good times were, again, had by all. And dinner was delightful. As was the "Over the Hill" hat I got to sport while they sang me their birthday jingle.

Then I went home and went to bed. It really was a great birthday. I got to spend it with most of my favorite people.

On Friday Andrea and I made a cake. Her birthday is on the 9th and we have a tradition of making outlandish cakes to celebrate our birthdays. Here's this year's. In case you can't tell, it's a volcano with lava, and action figure men. One of them has been mowed over by the lava, and one is doing splits across the caldera. It was made from red velvet and triple chocolate fudge cake. I know it looks weird, but it was actually quite tasty:

5 comments:

Angie said...

nice cake! maybe you should come help make a cake for ellen's birthday! ;)

JJ said...

That is an amazing cake!

The Downs Family said...

I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday- sounds like you were way busy- just the way it should be! Happy 1/4 of a century!

Bobbi Leavitt said...

Greg-I got your blog address from carma's. anyway. I dont know if you remember me, but we were in the same singles ward at SUU. I know we did some musicals in church with you singing, and I at the piano. I just wanted to tell you that I crack up at your blog! Sounds like you are doing great!
Bobbi (Loveless) Leavitt

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday-- sounds like it was fantastic! And for my birthday in a couple weeks, I'm putting in a request for a volcano cake! Yay! :-D