Thursday, April 24, 2008

Well $#!%

Maybe it's just the spring fever, but lately the kids have taken to chasing me around the playground and trying their darnedest to tackle me. Sometimes it works. I know I should probably discourage this behavior, but I just can't help laughing, and thus no discouragement takes place.

There's a teacher at our school that is sort of the joke. I guess there's gotta be one at every school eh? Anyway, he wears a suit to school every day. Every Day. (That's not the only reason he's the joke of the faculty, but that'll perhaps be another post for another day.) And it's not a DI special, oh no. We're talking tailored 3-piece goodness. So, in honor of our special co-worker, next year Ms. J, Ms. L, and I will be instituting a monthly dress-up day. We're gonna pick one day a month and dress to the nines. It'll be good times.

It rained. The third grade stayed in from recess because, as Ms. J put it, "My kids smell when they get wet."

I've heard quite a few children swearing lately. I'm not naive enough to think this doesn't happen at our school, I mean - hello. But I'm standing right by them...most of the time within their line of vision. That, I don't understand.

And the youngsters have developed a fascination with my pockets.  I keep having to say, "Hands out of Mr. B's pockets!"  This is can be difficult to do when one is surrounded by dozens of inquisitive kindergarteners.  But I battle on.

No comments: