Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Actor, Teacher...tempt-ed?

Job: Children's Acting Coach

Description: We are looking for a fun and outgoing person who loves acting as well as teaching it. We are looking for someone who is passionate and professional that can transform our talent into amazing actors as well as someone that works well with Children ages 4 to 12. You will be working in a upbeat environment with a professional outlook on the forward moving, fast paced entertainment industry. Pay is competitive. Must be able to start work immediately. Please attach resume.

I had an interview today. It went well. The agency does everything from modeling to acting so I kind of felt like I was in "The Devil Wears Prada" - though the interview wasn't nearly that harsh - or an episode of "America's Next Top Model" seriously. The place was swarming with absurdly fashionable people. I hope I get the job. They're supposed to let me know by Monday. I think I might bring a thrift-shop kind of balance to the place. With any luck I won't get caught up in it all.

As an added bonus, they said that if I have talent (from their entirely subjective point of view) I could use all the benefits of their agency. And that, my friends, would not just be a foot in the door, but possibly an entire leg.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Launi said...

wow! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. my eyes, too!

Anonymous said...

I am so keeping my fingers crossed for you! Perfect!

Unknown said...

Yahoo! Good luck. Also, good luck with your audition tomorrow since I won't see you before then.