Monday, October 8, 2007

sub-par...get it?

I substitute taught today. I was in a kindergarten class for the first half of the day and a third grade class for the last half. Here are some highlights:

During a math test in the third grade class a youngster proffered, "Raise your hand if you believe in Jesus!"

One of the questions on the math test said "Write 2 things that you are sure will not happen." One of the students wrote, "The living dead become real, the world blow up today." I wonder about this lad's home life.

Kindergarteners have to pee a lot.

In other news my day was spectacular. This week is looking much, much better than last week. Kids and shopping fill my heart with exceeding joy. I got both today. Annie and I bought new Halloween decorations at Gardner Village and they're pretty much awesome.

Tomorrow the job hunt will begin anew. Keep a little prayer in your hearts for me! Not so much to find a job, because I'm not too worried about that, but more to survive the job hunt. I hate that.

And since I know everyone is supremely concerned, it looks like last week is pretty much wrapped up and over with. Resolutions have been achieved, happiness has been restored, and life is back to normal...well except for my cold, I've still got that, though I think I may have passed it on to someone...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My hand is raised. And I'm thinking about Beyonce. The end.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're you again-- but I think sometimes we need weeks like that to give us contrast so we can thoroughly enjoy our time with kindergarteners and third grade zealots/potential psychopaths. That is all.