Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A year ago...

Another milestone happened today. It was one year ago today that I set out on my first adventure in the working world. I remember because today is Man Watcher's Day. I can't believe it's already been a year. My how things have changed over the last 12 months. Crazy crazy.

And what milestone blog would be complete without a few moments from my week. Here are the best:

Erik came to school dressed as a ninja on Monday. I think I like him more every day. I'll see if I can get a picture soon so you can see just how adorable this little tyke is.

I was offered $5 to marry a certain third grade teacher. Her class then informed her that she needs to get married because she's lonely - like Picasso in his blue period. They keep telling us we should kiss. I told two of the boys that if they kissed, I would kiss their teacher. They didn't like that idea so much.

The same boy who offered us $5 also said the following to his teacher: "My mom said if my heart beats when I go to the bathroom I have to call her."

An older gentleman that works in the school entered the room the other day and said, to no one in particular, "Wanna see my magic trick?" At which point he proceeded to pull a banana out of his pocket...

Test question in reference to The Emperor's New Clothes:
-Why do you think everyone was quiet during the procession?
Answer:
-Everyone was thinking "What the heck is he trying to pull off?"

I finally said, "Get that out of your nose."

Mr B.: What did you do this weekend?
3rd Grade Girl: We ate bread.

This was on the vocab wall of a 2nd grade classroom. I don't think it was on purpose, which makes it even funnier:

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ah, Greg. You seriously have the funniest adventures at work. Middle Schoolers are getting more and more boring as I read your blog.

Craig said...

I have a question for you.

Do you have any tipps for getting hired as a substitute teacher in SLC? I just moved up here last week and am looking for a job, ideally as a substitute teacher. I would really appreciate any infos/advice you could give me. My e-mail is athornyway@gmail.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Greg! I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for making a positively boring night of work one of the most delightful experiences I've had lately. It only took me 11 hours of my 12 hour shift (allowing time for those stupid I need an engineer moments) to read your complete blog. It was a joy and I love you even more. Also tell Annie I love her too. Now if I can find another blog that's just as entertaining for my next two nights of coverage, I might just be the happiest person alive!

Anonymous said...

You make me want to be a school teacher.

And I hope it's good weather so I can come see you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

A thought for you from overheardintheoffice.com:

Teacher: If you wish to have a discussion, raise your hand and I will call on you if you are worthy enough.

Student: I love you?