Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Booty Call

All of the faculty and staff employed at my school - and I'm assuming pretty much everywhere in the district - wear a lanyard.  They are adorned with ID tags, keys, timers, whistles, and various other educationally facilitating accouterments. Mine only had a whistle - until Tuesday.  I got my first key.  It's like a right of passage.  Oddly enough it's a key to the kitchen - perhaps the most important key of them all.  I now hold the power for after-school tutoring snacks around my neck.  It's kind of an awesome feeling.

There's a young third grader who came to school with his shirt buttoned up all the way to the top.  After school I said to him, "We need to have a chat..." then proceeded to explain the coolness of unbuttoning that top button.  Mine was undone and he said, "But I can see your booty." 

Also, according to the first grade, making out is when you kiss and you take your clothes off.

A friend of mine came to visit this weekend and he came to school with me.  This was an entertaining experience.  Within about 5 minutes of doing recess duty he had a posse of third grade girls.  They would attatch themselves to him and start calling me a hater - with his encouragement.  Everyone also thought we were brothers.  It was weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More than once I've gone to visit my best friend Julie's second grade classroom.

Once I let them ring my cowbell I got at the SLC Olympics.

Another time I read a book about frogs in a pond to them.

My favorite time they sang happy birthday to me and gave me the certificate with the scratch and sniff sticker with matching pencil.

Elementary school rocks my socks. :-)

P.S. I think you should sneak me some cafeteria rolls with whipped butter and tacos. Those were always my favorites.