Monday, July 23, 2007

Back in the saddle

Well, after 5 weeks of glorious vacation, I'm on the road again - and I love it. More women's conferences, this time in Minnesota. Or as the say here, Minnesoota. We have a rockin' team, and we're gonna have a rockin' week.

On the flight out I sat by a big-boned woman who was rather...flighty (no pun intended). She would converse sporadically and without reservation. She asked me a question in the middle of my nap as if interested in starting a conversation, but failed to produce any follow-up questions. In the course of our rather disconnected conversation I found out that she was from Minnesota, but is currently living in Oregon where she moved with her now ex-boyfriend who recently threw a clock at her.

We're about 20 minutes away from the (insert echo-y announcer voice) Mall of America *echo echo echo...* which really is quite incredible. 3 floors of shops surrounding an indoor amusement park. I think they may have every mall store known to man. And even a few not known to man. We'll be back later in the week and I'm sure there will be a wealth of opportunities for people watching, and hopefully even a mullet sighting.

Tonight we watched "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry." There were some funny moments, and a good message, but overall I found it rather crass. I would have walked out about half-way through, due to boredom more than anything, but I was with my team and had nothing better to do. I'd say don't waste your money, but if you must waste your money, wait and only waste a dollar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to the Mall of America to see if it's really all that.

And, I feel the same way about Chuck and Larry-- luckily my buddy Paul paid for my ticket. :-)