Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Land of a thousand...

Why is it that in Walker: Texas Ranger, the bad guys always wear flannel?

Most of the downtown area of Minneapolis (or St. Paul, I'm not exactly sure which one we're in) is connected by walkways on the second story of the downtown buildings. On our lunch break we wandered a bit to find some food. We discovered that there were food courts and other things of a similar nature abounding in this hyper-terranean world, but that most of them close around 2:00. So, we didn't get to experience any of the local flavor. We just got Subway.

I apologize in advance for this next bit of information - a girl came to our event this evening without a bra. This should just not be done. I respect that some women feel a need to be free of the restraints of the man and his social impositions, but for the sake of the rest of us, when you're in public hike 'em up or strap 'em back.

I have an aversion to swimming as a means of physical exertion. This is the result of myriad factors, not the least of which being that my swimming technique consists of what I remember from swimming lessons when I was 9. But today as I was conversing with my co-worker Danielle I thought about swimming. This mostly came because I decided I might start working out twice a day. Once in the morning before heading out for the day, and once at night before going to bed. As I write I realize that this plan may only come to fruition on weeks that I'm working, but I digress. So, I decided that swimming would be a good variation from running - especially since running hurts my knees and swimming is much lower-impact. But don't worry - I won't be purchasing a speedo any time soon.

We went to a Target this evening. It was the first day it was open - thus the service was overly spectacular. I think I was asked roughly 15 times whether I could be helped in any way. There were so many red shirts wandering around I almost thought I was at the Magic Kingdom on the first weekend of June.

I need a new wallet. This means that there is a wallet somewhere in the world that belongs in my back pocket. I haven't found it yet. The only wallets I can find are leather...and boring. Why is it so much harder to find absurdly cool accessories for men? For women they abound, for men they live in fear and seclusion...like people who shop at Fred Meyer. Any suggestions on where to find such a spectacular accoutrement to my currently near-flawless wardrobe would be very much welcome and appreciated.

3 comments:

Tara said...

You found the first one on Ebay. It's where I always search for my "cool" accessories--aka Harry Potter watch? Capt. Jack Sparrow watch? All Ebay. Its the place to be...

Anonymous said...

"Hike 'em up or strap 'em back." That's a classic phrase if I ever heard one!

And can I just tell you how much I've been wanting to go swimming? I even got a way cute new swimsuit for the summer (first time in years!) but no one will go with me, and swimming alone is not one of the social activities I can handle yet emotionally....

I'm Batman said...

I got a really cool green Hawaiian design wallet from a Quicksilver outlet store about 7 years ago. everyone thought it was too bright. I think I'm going to go find it, the Velcro wore out after 5 years. Do you remember it? I had it in High School.