Thursday, July 19, 2007

Punting down the river in nothing but a dance belt...

Ok, so I was wearing more than just a dance belt, but I did go punting. And for those of you saying - "Greg played football?" - no. Punting is like gondoleering in Italy, only it's British and not so dressed up. Think of the scene in Mary Poppins during the chalk paintings. It's gliding down the river using a big stick as both a propellor and a rudder.

The odd thing about punting - I'm really good at it. Astonishingly so, in fact. By the end of our short time on the river my traveling companions were looking at me in awe and calling me the puntmaster. Granted, it was in a facetious tone, but the point is I was good at something athletic - hooray! And I think it's because it didn't involve hand-eye coordination. Here's the proof - enjoy, oh and sorry about the fashion statement. (The other picture is of my future wife punting - I'm just lazily steering with an oar.)


No comments: