Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The West Coast Makes Me Drowsy

I shouldn't have done it, but I did. I ate a sausage egg and cheese McGriddles sandwich for breakfast. It was accompanied by a deep-fried potato cake. And slightly balanced by a glass of orange juice. I think it entirely negated everything that happened in the gym only moments before. On a more positive note I practiced excellent portion control during lunch.

I've mentioned it before, but I really love good bedding. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud last night. They had a huge ultra-comfortable duvet and several large pillows. I need this in my life on a more consistent basis.

My manager is one of my new favorite people. He's only 26, and he has such a blatent sense of humor. I love it. He's always messing with our Puerto Rican co-worker and it just makes me laugh. I love my life!

This is really mean to say, but a woman came to our evening presentation that looked frighteningly like the ugly transvestite from Minnesota. I felt bad for her. We also had a young Russian man who was named Semen.

I get a king-sized bed all to myself tonight. Usually this would be awesome, but after last night's comforter, it just seems to be lacking something. I have also been experiencing a desire to be in bed with someone lately. Not in an inappropriate way necessarily, I just want someone there. As awesome as single life is, it's sometimes lonely...

4 comments:

Tara said...

Amen to the loneliness. I might just have to get out the old college teddy bear soon...sad, really.

Anonymous said...

Luckily you have a king-sized bed, so now you can host a slumber party! :-)

Unknown said...

I agree with the need to share a bed with someone. My life is severely lacking in the cuddle department.

Leah said...

We just went from Queen to King, and it's lonely! Dylan is clear on the other side of the room now. We use walkie-talkies. "Breaker, breaker, would you like to spoon? Over."