Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Euthanasia

I've updated the Mulletin Board. The best mullet I saw this week involved pig-tails, but I never got a picture. This picture was the second best mullet - permed. It took quite a bit to secure this photo. It's actually harder than one might imagine, thus it's not the best picture, but it'll do.

For breakfast I broke up a crunchy granola bar and poured milk over it - it was delightful. In the midst of my morning repast I came up with an idea - pumpkin milk. Like chocolate milk, only pumpkin flavored. It could be a seasonal treat like fruitcake or Asian tourists.

I like my nose.

Oh my, we hit the jackpot this afternoon. I feel like I'm on the show 'Freaks and Geeks'. We had everything from the transvestite (no joke, he sat on the front row) to the grandma in the wheelchair with the depends in her bag, to the woman with the kitschy jewelry, big bow, big bangs and side pony-tail who apparently hasn't left the house, or read a magazine or newspaper, or seen television or a movie since 1992. We had probably half a dozen mullets - one of them donned by a woman who was mistaken in thinking that her black tights would pass for pants. All you can do is laugh.

Our speaker just called all the women in the room elephants. She told a story about animal behavior involving an elephant earlier in the presentation, and she just compared the women to elephants. She was meaning that they're powerful and just don't know it, but what she said was "You're all that big powerful elephant too." Oh my.

"Oh my" is a phrase that I think needs to be a bit more mainstream. It's so appropriate in so many situations.

I found a wallet on ebay called the magic wallet. It’s one of those wallets that has elastic bands in it and when you open it up one way you can put stuff in, and when you open it another way the stuff is secured under the bands. I thought about getting it…I still may. And I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s running commentary on wallets. An update may or may not follow in a subsequent week.

Ok, so the transvestite needs some expansion I think…at least the topic does. This guy was…well…sad. He was quite tall, had a gut, man hands, varicose veins, no fashion sense, a bad wig, and truly atrocious dental hygiene. I felt bad for him. But what can one do? You just accept the person and move on.

There is a song I love. I listened to it on the plane ride home. It’s “I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’” by the Scissor Sisters. The premise of the song is that this guy could dance, but he just doesn’t feel like dancing that day. It’s a great song because it’s up-beat and happy, but frankly I don’t know that I’ve ever felt like that. I did some little tap dance or ballet pose this week and my manager said, “I’ve missed that.” We’ve worked together several times. It was refreshing. I always feel like dancing – always. Especially when watching Hairspray...or in the shower.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a good transvestite myself. Key word there: good. I had one come to visit one of my patients this week. It was immensely delightful. I felt like asking him to make over my wardrobe.

Leah said...

I like your trapezoid nose, too.

Anonymous said...

Asian tourists a seasonal treat? HAAA!!! :-D

I actually own two magic wallets. I love them. Bought one and got one free off the tv late one night....

Janell R. Cropper said...

Very nice! Pumpkin milk..sounds awesome! I saw a lady on a motorcycle with a fabulous mullet the other day. Wish I would've had my camera for you.