Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Better on time than never

Raul is one of the most exotic names I know. It's short, simple, and yet so full of mystery and mystique. It brings to mind every Romance novel cover you've ever seen. Picturesque landscapes with well built, shirtless men, and buxom, seductively disheveled women in the throes of passion. Plus it's fun to say!

I exercised this morning - 25 more minutes of straight running (ha ha, in my current mood, that sentence sounds really funny), but today - no jell-o legs. Woot.

We had more people show up late today than we had all week in Ontario. Why is it so hard to show up on time? Punctuality is a lost art. Usually I would be able to read for an hour or so between registration and the end of the presentation. Not here. I can barely get through a paragraph before someone else walks up. We had more than one person show up an hour late. The presentation is only 90 minutes long - at most. Sometimes Americans vex me.

I love crisp apples. There's nothing more disappointing than a mealy apple...except maybe when all you've really eaten all day is a turkey croissant sandwich, and you can't handle another one, but you're miles from any open restaurant, room service is closed, the candy machine doesn't take $5 bills, and all there is to eat is an apple and a bottle of water.

I just watched this video and peed a little. It completely made my day, partly because of the Disney theme, and despite the fact that Lindsay Lohan is in it:

3 comments:

Tara said...

I have a theory that when Jimmy Fallon loses it...all is lost in a sketch...But those are the best ones too!

Greg said...

And the irony is that Jimmy Fallon always looses it.

Anonymous said...

She even made Pluto sad! Ha! I love it when they all laugh-- blasted Jimmy for cracking them all up! ;-D

And, your first paragraph about romance novel characters and the phrase "seductively disheveled women" were the highlights of my day. You kill me! :-D