Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Edge of the Tundra

I'm working with a scientologist this week. If you didn't know he was a scientologist, he'd seem just like some old guy from the farm, but the scientology aspect adds a certain oddity to everything he does...

The police showed up today. They were some sort of Canadian international something or other. They sat through the entire seminar and decided to make a scene at the end, instead of talking to someone at the beginning and resolving any concerns they might have had. Oddly enough their random outburst didn't really produce any noticeable effect.

The lights in the room today looked like a cross between a spider and those glass bubbles one often associates with the nautical world. They were basically a fixture consisting of about 30 glass balls with light bulbs inside, suspended from the ceiling by string. Very odd, but a nice look.

I had apple pie, a large piece of chocolate cake, and a strawberry smoothie today. Not bad as far as roughage goes. Of course this isn't very helpful for my 'getting healthy' kick. But I also had a salad, some sort of vegetable and lentil filled quiche, and vegetarian lasagna.

One parting thought for the day - Frank Sinatra always makes me want to tap dance.

3 comments:

Tara said...

To be honest, I didn't know you needed Frank Sinatra to feel like tap dancing. I thought you ALWAYS felt like tap dancing...

Anonymous said...

My only criticism of this blog: Why the heck isn't there a picture of those cool light fixtures included? Your words are descriptive enough, but a picture speaks 1,000 words, yo. :-)

Greg said...

The reason I haven't posted a picture of the insane light fixture is that my camera is currently misbehaving and I'm having trouble getting my pictures from my camera to my computer. As soon as the problem is resolved, you'll once again see pictures adorn the pages of my blog...until then, pray for a rapid solution.