Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday...but my Thursday.

I got a blister while running today. I think the socks I was wearing were a bit too thin.

East coast accents rock my world. Everyone sounds so confident while speaking with a Jersey accent. You would never expect to hear a characteristically timid person bust out with something like "Shut up! I'll break ya face!" Not that I did hear that, I'm just sayin'...

While setting up this morning I put in my new CD by the Scissor Sisters. Great music. It's like a modern twist on the Bee Gee's.

An old man came up to the registration table and pulled his invitation out of his pants. Not his pants pocket, his pants. Then I shook his hand, then I washed my hand.

I love it when caricatures of life show up. There was a woman this morning who had long horrendous fake fingernails painted a horrendous shade of sparkly red. She also had on a horrendous silver lamay jacket. I half expected to look up and see big yellow hair, bright blue eye shadow, with red lipstick extending half-way up to her nose and hear "Bingo!" Instead it was a frumpy hair-do, no makeup, and a husband with a walker. Some people just don't live up to their potential.

We went to a movie tonight - Shrek the Third. Worth the price of admission, but I don't know if it was good as the first two. It might have been, and there were definitely funny parts, but I think I'm too tired right now for a thorough critical analysis.

On the way to the movie we were waylaid by the New Jersey road system and consequently had to do some off-roading in our Kia mini-van. I felt like Indiana Jones meets Rob the Hero. Very adventurous.