Monday, May 14, 2007

The curtain

Sitting on the coach side of the dividing line between coach and First Class is...mysterious. I don't know how else to put it. Those of us doomed to the lowly arena of three seats across are shut out as soon as the curtain is drawn. What goes on behind the curtain anyway? It's not like they're having some fantastical orgy of airline food and unrestrained movie watching - or are they? I think it's even more laughable when there isn't a curtain, but simply a strap Velcroed in the middle thus establishing the mental barrier between those who can afford a meal on an airplane, and those who simply receive a snack box.

I'm in New Jersey. I don't yet know how I feel about that. All I know so far is that the business and residential districts aren't nearly as separated as they are in Utah.

If you're ever in trouble in the middle of the night, run to a Walgreen's. They have security guards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walgreen's is also an excellent place to find really odd and decently priced gifts at the last moment.

While you're in New Jersey, you should listen to the Garden State movie soundtrack on my behalf, just for fun. :-)

Tara said...

Gives new meaning to "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" At least it does to me.