Saturday, May 19, 2007

DC al Coda

We stayed in a different hotel every night this week. I don't think I can even begin to explain how exasperating that is. It's one thing to live out of a suitcase from one hotel room for a week, but when you have to unpack and pack every day - bleh.

Right now there is a really bad instrumental, Kenny-G, elevator music version of Midnight at the Oasis playing over the speaker system. In its original form it's laughable, but this is just painful.

Word of the Day: Flagitious. /fluh-JISH-uhs/ adj.: Disgracefully or shamefully criminal, villainous, scandalous. Greg is perfectly flagitious in his ability to dress well.

Interesting historical factoid: The Spanish Armada set sail on this day in 1588

(WOD and factoid provided by The Enterprise Center at BCC)

I have two weeks off. I'm excited to be home for a moment or two.

I love how quickly I become acclimated to a new environment. At the end of a week in Canada I was telling everyone where they could find the washroom as opposed to the restroom, and this week I'm saying things like "It's in North Jersey" and "We have to catch a flight out of Philly." Love it.

One of our attendees was taking donations for the American Cancer Institute. I didn't want to be uncharitable, and therefore gave a donation. The funny part of this story is that I only had $20 bills, and though I want to give, I don't want to go overboard, so I had to make change out of the previously donated funds. I felt awkward. It's like making change in the collection plate.

Philadelphia is the only major airport I've ever been to that didn't sell postcards. You can get a kit to learn how to speak Hebrew, but not a postcard.

I think one should always use a toilet seat cover whenever possible.

I found the remainder of the silver lamay jacket lady. Big, and I'm talking really big, blond hair, too much eye shadow, large glasses - the whole ten yards. She was on the plane from Minneapolis to Salt Lake. What a joy.