Monday, May 7, 2007

Flight Attendee

This morning's romp through the airport was less than enjoyable. We arrived a few minutes later that would have been ideal. I waited on the curb while the manager checked his baggage. I then headed inside and encountered a mass exodus from Salt Lake. There were so many people. I waited in the line for the check-in kiosk only to arrive to late to check in automatically - we were on an international flight and one must arrive at least 60 minutes prior. I walked up to the desk where they informed me they couldn't help and that I must wait go to the international check-in counter. So I waited in another line and arrived at the counter too late to check in to the flight at all. So they changed my flight, and I arrived in Toronto several hours later than the rest of my party. Between SLC and Toronto I was at the top of the upgrade list for both of my flights, but didn't get upgraded, and I had to fly from Atlanta to Toronto next to a large man who smelled of cigarette smoke. After a frustrating day of air travel a Cinnabon and some random airport eye candy sure helped.

I think it's sad when people's feet bulge out the top their shoes.

I finished Peter Pan today. What a delightful book. The language was fun to read and the story was entrancing. It's quite a bit more graphic than any movie that's ever been made of the book. Lots more killing and blood. I was a little surprised at this, but still enjoyed the book.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sorry to hear about the airport struggles. But a Cinnabon? You can't complain about that...