Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dear Diary

I'm working with a kid named Taylor this week. He's freaking awesome.

I don't like it when people call me things like 'champ' or 'sport'. If they're being facetious, that's one thing, but when they're less than 10 years older than me and are saying it in all seriousness- not ok.

So, last week on vacation I only managed to get through about 30 pages of David Copperfield, thus my adventures with young Davy will continue on into this week - and possibly next, it's a really long book, and that's always daunting.

Yesterday - Monday - was a random day. I'm chalking it up to sleep deprivation. I got to bed around 2 am on Sunday and woke up around 7. I just couldn't sleep anymore. The few hours of sleep I did get were extremely restless. Due to this, and other factors which I'll choose not to disclose, I was literally on the verge of tears for the greater part of the day. I was afraid I'd have an emotional breakdown on the plane. Luckily I was able to sleep. That, combined with the energetic 6-year-old I was seated next to (he was going to Disney World, so I totally understood his excitement) and my decision to avoid a book about the Holocaust made for a very pleasant flight. Also, I had an excellent smoothie for lunch.

The high point - and coincidentally the turning point - of my day was when I found out that next week I'll be doing more women's conferences. The week of conferences we did in Atlanta was probably the most fun I've had yet in this job. It's the same team next week, sans the over-confident karate master. So, we should have a great week, plus it'll be a blast. A week in sunny Florida surrounded by women and a man who thinks homosexuality is caused by fetuses being exposed to hormones in meat. That's right folks, the cure for homosexuality is vegetarianism! But I digress...

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wouldn't it be strange it the over confident karate master was the reason Atlanta was so great? I doubt it, but it would be strange....

Glad you're doing better!

Greg said...

I only posted this comment because it's in Portuguese and it entertained me. I'll try to translate -
He says something about finding my blog on google. He thinks it's interesting - he especially enjoyed this particular post. He then invites everyone to visit his blog to learn how to create a personal T-shirt.
I think...

Anonymous said...

I love rodrigo's Portuguese comment, and I'm having one of those "on the verge of tears" days myself. I even had to go to my room at lunchtime to accessorize and put on more makeup to make myself feel better....

Leah said...

I hate when people call me ma'am. One time a kid was splashing in the pool and his mom said, "Don't splash on that lady," and I looked around for a lady and there wasn't one. Then I realized she was talking about me!