Friday, June 15, 2007

Generic Post Title

According to O - the Oprah Magazine, Utah has the highest percentage of married couple families in the country. Now, this is probably not a surprise to anyone - nor should it be. You're probably also thinking "Sure, but they also have one of the highest divorce rates." And though Utah does rank among the top states for suicides, anti-depressant usage, and bankruptcy, it's not even in the top 10 for divorces. And now you know.

This morning a larger woman in a wheelchair - who I incidentally enjoyed a great deal for reasons which will soon become apparent - asked, when handed her name-tag "What's the right breast to put this on?" I responded "I honestly have no idea" at which point another woman who happened to be standing line started laughing because she realized what the incapacitated woman had asked. She - the laugher - then said, referring to the size of the other's chest, "Honey, you've probably got enough room no matter what." The invalid responded with "I've probably got room for yours, mine, and anyone else's!" This was a most delightful repartie. I just laughed and sent them on their way.

We don't allow alcoholic beverages into our events. I think this is understandable. What's not understandable is why, when people choose to get their fire water, they do it 2 minutes before the event starts. We then have to inform them that they can't go in. So, we get to watch them chug their drink - always entertaining.

After our dinner presentation a woman came up to me and said "You did a good job. You were up there talking right?" I said, "No, that was Joanna." Funny.

I got to take a walk along the beach tonight. I saw people doing things in public that should be saved for private. I think I was attacked by sand fleas and/or mosquitoes, and I almost fell down. But it was a beautiful night.

Random picture:

2 comments:

Tara said...

I don't know if the sight of you being attacked by bugs and falling down could be any funnier than what I'm picturing right now...WOOT!

Anonymous said...

Yay for big boobs! Yay for chugging alcohol really fast! Yay for the picture of the teddy bear! :-D